SKL International is looking for an Expert on Strostas and public Service Provision in remote settlement of Ukraine. The Expert on Strostas and public Service Provision should be experienced in the topic of public service provision at local level and especially in remote settlement of Ukraine. The candidate should be highly professional and able to work efficiently with coordinating work with selected hromadas, conducting training sessions and consultations for starostas and political leadership in order to improve service provision in most remote settlements of Ukraine.
The position shall be consultancies contracts for around 12 months.
Organisational set up
The project team include around 14 full-time consultants in Ukraine and a management unit in Sweden. The Starosta expert will work closely with the Help-Desk unit, training unit and other team members in Ukraine and report to the management in Kyiv as well as in Stockholm.
The Expert on Satrostas and public Service Provision in remote settlement of Ukraine is expected to:
- Prepare the concept for the Help-Desk function for starostas available on the Project’s web page
- Identify and disseminate best practices in public service provision at Starosta districts across Ukraine
- Lead work on developing a manual for starostas on effective public service provision
- Oversee and conduct training activities to starostas and political leadership of hromadas to strengthen their capacity to deliver public services in remote areas of Ukraine
- Oversee and coordinate work with starostas in 30 selected hromadas across Ukraine. Work closely with the political leadership of these hromadas in order to increase quality of public service provision in remote settlements of Ukraine.
- Work with other experts to update, develop and pilot various methodological materials in public service provision in remote settlements
- Contribute to the annual and final reports.
Evaluation of responce & selection
Interested applicants should send their proposal, comprising the following documents, to SALAR International no later than August 18, 2022:
- A short explanation of the applicant’s suitability for the assignment (maximum one A4-page)
- Up-to-date CV indicating relevant experience and qualifications.
The Citizen Engagement Specialist will be selected based on their professional experience and competences matching the requirements described above.
Mark your email with Expert on Starostas in the subject.
For more information, please download the Terms of Reference.
About SKL International
SKL International is a subsidiary to the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SALAR), representing all 290 municipalities and 20 county councils in Sweden. We are a leading consultancy company supporting local democracy and good governance in developing and transition countries. Our expertise covers areas such as capacity building on municipal management and service delivery; local and regional development; decentralisation policies; support to local government associations; and European Integration. Geographically, SKL International’s projects covers countries in Central and Eastern Europe as well as Africa, Asia and Latin America.