Location: Kyiv. Duration: January to December 2022
Description of the assignment
The expert will be expected to assist and perform the following tasks:
- Contribute to the development of the Project Gender Action Plan (e.g. review and adjust).
- Conduct at least one information\coaching session for project staff on gender related issues in the Ukrainian context, project gender workplan and gender mainstreaming.
- Support team members in the monitoring and reporting of project’s results/outputs and objectives against agreed indicators.
- Review and update the manual on gender guidelines for working with and in an ASC.
- Contribute with expertise to the training on gender integration for hromadas and ASC staff in working with and in and ASC.
Required skills and Experience
The Expert will demonstrate the following experiences/competences:
- At least 2-3 years of experience of working in an international development context;
- Significant experience of gender equality and local governance; gender mainstreaming
- Understanding of gender issues in the Ukrainian context
- Extensive experience in coordination, preparing and facilitating workshops; development of methodological material
- Post-graduate qualification in political science, local government, economics, or related field;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English (written and spoken)
- Experience of provision on administrative or public services is an advantage.
Conditions and Scope
A consultancy contract will be signed between SKL International and the consultant which will outline the conditions for the position in detail. Please note this position is not an employment position, meaning that applicants must be established as consultants and will be liable to pay all relevant taxes and insurances.
A competitive consultancy fee will be offered to the successful candidate. The assignment will be performed during the period January 2022 - December 2022. The assignment is foreseen for a maximum of 50 working days.
Evaluation of responce & selection
Interested applicants should send their proposal, comprising the following documents, to SKL International no later than January 11th.
- A short explanation of the applicant’s suitability for the assignment (maximum one A4-page)
- Up-to-date CV indicating relevant experience and qualifications
- A statement on when the applicant will be available to start the position and confirmation that the applicant will be available to work on the project full time until the end of the project.
The consultant will be selected based on their professional experience and competences matching the requirements described above.
Mark your email with Gender Advisor Ukraine 2021-2023 in the subject.
No compensation is paid for proposals and interviews during the recruitment process.
For more information, please download the Terms of Reference